The Euless Police Department currently offers free home security inspections upon request for residential/commercial properties. The purpose of these inspections is to help strengthen your defenses against criminals who may attempt to victimize your home/business. These free inspections are only one of many tools used to safeguard ourselves and property. Your local locksmiths, security companies and homebuilders may also provide further information that can help make your property more secure.
The Texas Department of Insurance also has an inspection certificate awarded to those homes passing a safety inspection (per Texas Insurance Code, Chapter 5: Article 5.33A). If your home passes the inspection, you may be able to get a small discount upon your homeowner's insurance premiums. The inspection is free and provided by appointment only. The inspections usually take about one hour to complete.
Security Inspection Officers
- White: 817-685-1536
- Gordon: 817-685-1686
- Fimbres: 817-685-1685
- Bryan: 817-685-1687
Homeowner's Safeguarding Tips
- Try to meet your neighbors and notify the police immediately of any suspicious people or vehicles in the neighborhood.
- Security systems should be installed by certified technicians and include a loud siren, sensors on doors and motion sensors throughout the home.
- Deadbolt locks can provide your best security. Using high quality, name-brand locks can be well worth your investment.
- Consider installing outdoor floodlights that are motion-activated. Make sure they are placed high enough so that burglars can't easily tamper with them.
- Keep valuables away from windows so burglars can't see them from outside.
- Use an etching tool to mark your valuables (use driver's license number and state abbreviation-not your social security number).
- Keep model/serial numbers of valuables in a secure location.
- Trim trees/bushes around the property so burglars have fewer places to hide.
- Install peepholes in your exterior doors, and don't open the door to someone you don't know.
- Don't trust a safety chain which can easily be broken with force.
These tips are only a few suggestions to help protect persons and property from criminals.
These precautions may not be effective or appropriate to safeguard persons or property in all circumstances. The Euless Police Department appreciates your efforts in maintaining a Crime-Free community!