Crime Control and Prevention District
Even if you have never heard of it, you have probably benefited from the Crime Control and Prevention District (CCPD). Funded by a 1/4¢ voter-approved sales tax, its purpose is to decrease Euless’ crime rate by financing a crime control and prevention program. This program funds equipment, technology, and staffing that reduces crime and increases public safety and quality of life.
- 19 Police Officers salaries, uniforms, and training
- Community Relations Programs such as Neighborhood Crime Watch and Coffee with a Cop
- EPIC (Euless Police Inspiring Champions Program) designed for Euless elementary school students
- Police Summer Camp (free to participants)
- SWAT Team
- Crime Victim Liaison
- Mental Health Peace Officer
- Interoperable communications equipment and technology
These are just some of the on-going ways the CCPD helps our city.
Last year’s CCPD accomplishments include purchasing and installing a training simulator for police officers, replacing and improving evidence lockers, purchasing new safety equipment for police officers and many more activities.
This fiscal year includes funding for new public safety equipment, crime scene cameras, a command console and equipment for a drone program.
So, as you can see, the CCPD plays an important role in our City and has helped Officers continue to strengthen and cultivate relation-ships with local businesses and residents.